Tuesday, September 15, 2015

The trip to Lyon

(Brian)

Drove from the Loire Valley to Lyon today, roughly 340 kilometers, the country side looks very much like western Pennsylvania but with white cows, 90% of the cows over here are all white. They are a special breed we read about in culinary school.

The drive was in the rain the entire way but was easy until we hit Lyon and all hell broke loose, it was as crazy as trying to drive in Paris, people turning left from the right lane, motorcycles screaming by on the line down the middle of the road. The road (alley) in front of our hotel is so small we just stopped and blocked the road to unload our luggage, then they sent me to a parking garage two blocks away and I was lucky to find my way back, I came up out of the underground garage into a plaza I had never seen and had no idea where I was.

Yvonne and I went for a walk to find the parking garage and it took me ten minutes to find it. Exploring this place is going to be a challenge.

Our hotel, the road next to the van is about 8' wide. Very nice hotel, much nicer than Chateau de Roselle, we can stand up to take a shower and that's a huge thing with my knees. Tonight, the dinner of our life's at Auberge du Pont de Collognes.


 
 
 
Check out the fountain, mist from the fountain comes out of the horses nostrils like they are breathing fire!

 
 

1 comment: